14 февр. 2011 г.

Gustav Schäfer

Gustav Schäfer 

Gustav Wolfgang Schäfer was born September 8, 1988 in Magdeburg, Germany. He has played drums since the age of 5. He is featured on the Meinl Cymbals website.

Gustav Quotes:
On success:
Yes, I’m really glad to see our efforts crowned this way. I believe that I’ve made the right choices. Drums came into my life when I was 5, and I’ve spend all my energy for it. When all the kids of the neighborhood were playing outside, I was alone, in my room, playing drums for hours. I was made for that, I was sure of that.
The day I saw Bill & Tom rehearsing in a shed in Magdeburg all those years ago, I kind of had a revelation. I knew my fate would be to play with them. And I wasn’t wrong.
On his drums and his perfectionism:
With me, everything has to be perfectly settled. I never leave place for improvisation, even for some small details. For example, I systematically put my drums and stool in a extremely precise place of the stage, always the same place. If someone tried to move them, even a centimeter, I could be really cross ! Except my assistant, no one is allowed to approach my drums.